background black and white

Monday, July 30, 2012

Little Bity Treasure

Do you have any precious keepsakes from your parents?  I sure do.  I have been looking through them recently and wondering about the story behind each one of them.

Like....where did you get it?  Who gave it to you?  How old is it?  Why was it special to you?

Oh how I wish I had asked my parents more questions about things in life that I took for granted.  But I didn't. 

Anyway... I wanted to share some pictures of one special Little Treasure that belonged to my mother, Mildred M. Treadaway.

The only thing I know about this piece is that it was Mama's when she was a small child, and on the bottom it says made in Japan.  Green was my mother's favorite color, so I know she must have really liked this.


It is so dainty and small.  The saucer has yellowed a little in the center from age, but it is still so beautiful.


Here is a perspective of how small it really is.  I always handle it wish such care, and pray I don't break it.


And here is my Little Treasure again :)  I hope to share some more of my Treasures with you soon.  What special keepsakes do you have? 

Don't forget, if your parents are still living, to ask them lots of questions about their life and special things.  Then you will be able to pass the information along to your family for generations.  Oh what stories you could tell :)


Lamentations 5:19

You, O LORD, reign forever;
your throne endures from
generation to generation.


Have a blessed Monday friends :)



   Lynn 

No comments: